Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Another day another reminder

Its been 3 years already..

3 years since the UW Neurology department reminded me that i need to do follow up MRI. which after a few months of delaying, i went for in may 2010 and got hit by the panic disorder. A reminder sits in the mail.

3 years since I had to meet my neurosurgeon, who is a brilliant technician and one of the best to let handle your brain, but lacks a bedside manner, who at every instance tells me that I am complaining about the problem too much or tell me that maybe I dont want to get better.(nasty!) This year i am changing my follow up to someone else.

3 years of re-fixing everything. The panic disorder pushed my progress with my balance back a year and i am yet to get it to a predictable state.

How do you deal with Post traumatic stress. How do you come to terms with the change in life. How do you get that closure. Till I can figure that out, the ptsd will keep coming back in some form or the other.. and keep putting huge blocks at my balance rehab and progress towards some things i want to be able to do.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ptsd, old style non-emotive male......
    what is that familiar sound, it goes "ching-ching"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumati i have no clue what you are trying to say.
      PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder which i have post surgery.
      My dad is the sweetest, not as expressive dad as most are from their generation. He decided to transition to vegan diet recently and convinced my mom.

      Delete